Thursday, April 4, 2013

March 22, 2011...that was a long time ago.

April 4, 2013, that is today's date. It has been over 2 years since I sat down at blogger. Idealistically I would like to blog regularly, but that requires that I sit down an do it. It isn't for a lack of time, it is for a lack of motivation.  

Keeping a blog really is at the bottom of my list of things that I lack the motivation to do regularly. That leaves me wondering about the difference between desire and motivation. There are lots of things that I would like to do that I desire to do. Several things that I enjoy, blogging being one of them, I just lack the motivation to do. Let's be realistic some things I don't want to do and I have no desire to do them whatsoever, I just need to do them. It isn't that I don't know where to begin or what to do. I can implement a schedule that would allow for it all, I just don't. Which leaves me left with the nagging question WHY?

I have a good I idea as to where my motivation has gone. I am quite certain, that if we could rewind that last 2 years and press play, you would have no doubt where my motivation has gone. So then, the question becomes, once your motivation is gone, how do you get it back?

"So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up or quit." Galatians 6:9

Well I didn't give up and I haven't quit, but I haven't payed much attention to how or what I have been planting. Time to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment