Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Draft I forgot about and lost...

Almost a year since I sat down at this blog.  I guess constancy with blogging really isn't my strong suit. I have lots of thought on a regular basis and really letting them out of my head, well is almost scary. Do you really want to read that anyway?

So I guess I should start with a bit of an update, you know a lot can change in a year.  A lot can stay the same too!

Keegan~ It is somewhat amazing to me how much he has grown over the year. One thing that I have always found strange is how you notice, or don't notice the changes in the people around you until they are somewhat drastic. Surely he can not be nine, wasn't it just yesterday that he was showing me the "beautiful" worm that he had shoved down into the pocket of his jeans, or telling me, "my heart is breaking because I smashed it with a hammer."

Going back to where I left off, he is doing fine with his reading.  In 3rd grade the focus of his reading skills is no longer fluency but comprehension and he has that down. He is so smart and I blame that on his dad.  Things with him are almost always easy and I hope that it stays that way.  It seems to me that we are quickly approaching dreaded teenage years and I am somewhat baffled by this moody thing that has replaced my sweet innocent cuddle bug.  I didn't expect moody boys.  I have been afraid of having moody teenage girls since Lilli was 2, I just don't know what I was thinking.  Anyway I am sure that he is glad I shared that with you all.

Aiden~ He to is doing great.  He now has a diagnosis of ADHD. Which came first, the chicken of the egg? Would he have had ADHD had he not nearly drown?  I don't know and really it doesn't matter.  In short it just means that Aiden can still be pretty impulsive.  He is doing great in school, as long as he is allowed to sit by himself (he prefers it) and contribute to the conversation when it is appropriate to do so.  We have loved his teacher this year and will be sad to see her retire and the end of next week.

Lilli~ Lilli started Pre-k this past fall!  She has had some struggles but for the most part is also doing very well.  She has been able to catch up to her peers academically but still struggles to keep up physically.  There is still concern that she will have a more difficult time when more is required of her but for now we will live in the moment and enjoy it.  

E.~ She started PPCD in November.  For those of you wondering what the heck is that?  PPCD stands for Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities.   


Well and that was as far as I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment