Friday, March 4, 2011

Life is a painting not a digital print.

Do you ever stop to wonder how life could have been?  I wonder about that lots.  David and I were talking about this the other day.  If there were just a few things that were different right now...obviously had we made different choices we would be and have something different.  At what cost though?  Every moment every decision has lead us to who we are today.  What dreams do you trade in for reality?  What reality would you trade in for your dreams?  What was my conclusion?  Once again I couldn't imagine trading my life right now for the life that could have been.  Everything is not how I dreamed it would be but  life really is more like a painting in progress then a digital print.

So where are we in life today?

Keegan's preliminary dyslexia testing shows he has a fluency problem but that there is not a comprehension problem and although his reading score falls below average well below average it is not far enough that he qualifies for the schools dyslexia program.  It has been my experience with our school district that they would rather have a knee jerk reaction then be proactive about anything as long as he is able to slip through they will do nothing.  I really didn't expect a different answer but for once it would be nice not to have to sort this all out on my own.  

Aiden continues to have good days and bad days.  He is down to getting in trouble at school weekly instead of daily, so things are moving in the right direction there.  He is still pretty impulsive but we are working on it.

Lilli is doing really well.  We are working on endurance with her now.  She can do just about anything now that anyone else can just not for as long.

E...well I guess time will tell.  Our Occupational and Speech therapists is very optimistic.  I am glad for that because quite frankly after 6 months I am not.  Last night we went to the gym and when we drooped the kids of in the childrens area there was a little girl obviously younger then E crying and very clearly saying she wanted her mommy.  David and I were astounded.  Yes this little girl showed what is surly typical speech development but the night and day difference between her and E.  YIKES!  E is so far behind.  Since we have started signing with her functional communication is becoming much easier but I think the road ahead is still long and bumpy.  I need and ASL immersion course.  Well really who are we kidding the whole family needs one.

Time to run again.  The boys will want me to pick them up from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment