Friday, June 19, 2015

Just a girl

So many thoughts I don't quite know where to start. All of these thoughts have left me sick. 

I lack understanding. I'm sitting here waiting... I don't know what for. Some glimmer of hope. All of the cliches... if only they were not so true.

I am just a girl. I know that I am brave and strong and beautiful. I know that I am worth so much... I know these things... I know them.

You don't see my heart being ripped from my chest... because I am strong.
You don't see my fears... because I am brave.
You don't hear my cries... because I laugh.
You don't see my broken pieces... because I hide them.

Maybe all of that is true... or maybe

You have closed your eyes.
You have plugged your ears.
You have turned your back.
You have walked away.

I am though,
Just a girl wishing that I was enough.
Just a girl who doesn't understand.
Just a girl who is broken.

I am just a girl. I know that I am brave and strong and beautiful. I know that I am worth so much... I know these things... I know them, I just wish that my heart did.





No comments:

Post a Comment